- To conduct research and analysis on issues of strategic importance at local, regional and international levels.
- To provide policy options, analysis and advice to national and international actors on modern defense, foreign policy, anti-terrorism, security, peace and conflict resolution, humanitarianism, governance, and development.
- To cooperate with governments in view of facilitating the realization of national, regional and international objectives on defense, security and strategic development objectives.
- To cooperate with organizations and actors that share similar interests and concerns.
- To act as a resource center and provide research materials to academicians, researchers and students of strategy, defence, conflict, development and international studies.
- To analyze the efficacy of development cooperation, national budgeting and resource management in tackling poverty and development challenges in the developing world.
- To publish and disseminate research findings on strategic and international issues.
- To provide any other analysis, insights and advice to individuals, governments, organizations and institutions that is consistent with the above objectives.
CSII focus of operation in the Horn of Africa and the Great Lakes Region. Our methods of operation towards the attainment of a better national, regional and international peace & security environment in the new world order of uncertainty include among others.
Through research and analysis of existing policies of strategic importance at local, regional and international levels, policy innovations, and cooperation with other centers of similar objectives.
Deliberate strategic and in-depth thinking on the initiation of Policies on Defense and Security, Global Governance and Democracy, Culture and Ideology, Regional Development and Integration.
Gathering alternative policy views, initiatives and analysis through conducting workshops, seminars, debates, conferences and interviews. Documenting and disseminating reports on issues of CSII central objectives.
Sustainability and Organization Funding: Through contributions and subscriptions from members, friends, scholars, researchers, charity foundations and well-wishers.
PROJECTS & ASSIGNMENTS UNDERTAKEN BY THE CENTER SO FAR
Majority of the Center personnel are engaged with monitoring, evaluation and value for money audits of government and donor programs across the country. Specifically, most of the Center staff have worked at the Inspectorate of Government promoting good governance through the elimination of corruption and abuse of public office. At the organization level however, the Center has so far successfully carried out a number of projects including among others;
Conducted Financial Tracking of UNICEF and Government of Uganda funding to Local Governments in North Eastern Uganda (Karamoja region), this project was conducted together with Africa Leadership Institute (AFLI) in quest to examine the extent to which the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) have been achieved in the region.
Organized and coordinated International Conference for Academicians, Lawyers, Political & Civic Leaders that discussed the Relevance of International Jurisdiction on Emergent Democracies, A case of Sudan and International Criminal Court (ICC)
The Center further participated in Ateker Cross Boarder Regional Peace & Development Conference on zone 3 States in the East and Horn of Africa.
Participated and acted as a rappotuer for the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) Meeting on the Implementation of Project 1.1.2 Disarmament of Armed Nomadic Pastoralists and Promotion of Sustainable Development in Zone 3 States, etc.
The Center Key professionals have also individually carried out wide range of assignments such as; Monitoring of Government funded PAF Programmes in Local Governments, high profile investigations and prosecutions concerning mismanagement of public funds by corrupt government officials in collusion with private contractors/suppliers.
The Center Staff have also actively and successfully conducted major development oriented research projects notably, National Integrity survey 1.2 &3, Afro barometer survey on Governance & Democracy, Health Service Delivery Survey in Mukono District, among others.