This is a very diverse programme that aims at researching, analyzing and providing strategic solutions on issues of:
- Homeland Security – Threats to National Defence, Security and stability;
- Regional Security with the focus on the Great lakes and Horn of Africa;
- International Security – Inter-linkages between national security and global security systems with a focus on the Middle East, Euro-Asia, Balkan Regions visa-a-vies politics of defence cooperation frameworks.
- Peace and Conflict Studies – Our research focuses on Post-conflict Reconstruction efforts, Peace Support Operations, Statehood and Nation Building;
- Small arms and light weapons proliferation studies – Cross border and Organized crime studies;
- Terrorism – Threats and Counter Strategy;
- Nuclear Weapons threat Studies and Strategy, weapons of mass destruction, Chemical and Biological Weapons applications or non-applications.